News / Topics
- Prof. Mizushima is among the 2013 group of Thomson Reuter Citation Laureates !!.NEW
- Saori Yoshii (PhD candidate) won the Koichi Suzuki Memorial Award at the 86th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Biological Society.NEW
- Takeshi Kaizuka (PhD candidate) won an Excellent Poster Award at the 25th TAKATO Symposium.NEW
- 'AUTOPHAGY' Scientific Research on Innovative Areas, a MEXT Grant-in-Aid Project FY2013-2017, has startedNEW
- 'AUTOPHAGY', a new book edited by Drs. Mizushima and Yoshimori, has been published in Japanese!
- Dr. Morishita received the Excellent Abstract Award at the 39th LENS Conference.
- Takako Naito (PhD candidate, as of Dec.2012) won the Koichi Suzuki Memorial Award at the 85th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Biological Society
- Dr. Morishita won the Silver Poster Award at the 6th International Symposium on Autophagy 2012.
- Our paper (JBC_vol.286_Yoshii, et al.) has been designated as one of the '2011 BEST of jbc'. The JBC has selected only 20 papers out of more than 4,000 published in 2011.
- Prof. Mizushima appeared on 'Kunimaru JAPAN' radio show. (Nippon Cultural Broadcasting)
- A new book by Prof. Mizushima has been published by PHP Science World.
Recent publication of the
- Deletion of autophagy-related 5 (Atg5) and Pik3c3 in the lens causes cataract independent of programmed organelle degradation. (2013)NEW
- De novo mutations in the autophagy gene WDR45 cause static encephalopathy of childhood with neurodegeneration in adulthood. (2013)NEW
- FIP200 regulates targeting of Atg16L1 to the isolation membrane. (2013)NEW
- The hairpin-type tail-anchored SNARE syntaxin 17 targets to autophagosomes for fusion with endosomes/lysosomes. (2012)
- Proteasome-dependent activation of mammalian target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) is essential for autophagy suppression and muscle remodeling following denervation. (2012)
- Autophagy-related Atg8 localizes to the apicoplast of the human malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum. (2012)